Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Meet the Parents

I have now met the parents of Race W Ashby. :]  And they weren't scary like he kept telling me they would be. Let me tell you, that was a relief! Race does like to exaggerate things though so I should have known that they wouldn't be as scary as he was making them sound. We drove down to Pomerene, AZ on Thursday night and got in around three in the morning. We got to sleep in on Friday and then we woke up and went to the Gila Valley Temple open house. The temple is absolutely gorgeous! And the Spirit that is felt in it is amazing. I can't wait until I can go into the temple to make covenants with my Heavenly Father and then someday be sealed to my husband for time and all eternity. (Sadly, I do not have picture of the temple because they are on Race's camera so I will have to put them up later). Before and after going to the temple in Thatcher, AZ Race and I visited his brothers and some of his nieces and nephews. It was a lot of fun meeting everyone and hanging out with all the cute kids! On Saturday Race and I spent the day in Tucson with his parents. We went to Sabino Canyon and rode the tram around and took some fun pictures and just spent time talking with his parents and enjoying the good weather. We also spent all our time in the car reading. Race bought three books based on the TV show Psych and we have been reading those together for the past couple of weeks. It's super fun to just sit and relax and read books together. Although I don't think that Race always enjoys reading with me because I like to talk to him about what I read and so he doesn't get very much reading done when I am around. Oops! I am working on restraining myself from saying all the comments I want to though.

Here are some pictures of Race and I with his parents in Sabino Canyon. :]

Then yesterday Race and I decided to go and fly kites because the weather was perfect and windy! We got a SpiderMan kite (my choice) and a Princess kite (Race's suggestion so we had a "Manly" one and a "Girly" one). We went to a big open field and flew the kites. Race had to teach me because I have only flown a kite once or twice before and I am nooo good at it. I got better though. :] Race is pretty pro at it though so we had a good time enjoying the sun and the nice weather. (It's only supposed to last for a couple of days before it snows again....it's almost MAY! What's up with that?) Anyway, we've enjoyed the weather and spending as much time as we can together between school, Race's job, and studying for finals. Oh and we had our two month anniversary yesterday, the 27th of April and look what Race got me!Isn't the vase absolutely gorgeous? The picture doesn't really do it justice but I promise it is super pretty. And the card was cute too. Race wrote, "Roses are red, Violets are blue, How many months has it been? Two! Love, Race" Haha super good rhymer. :] But it made my day and I am super grateful for Race and the wonderful two months that we've had together!
That is all for now. Once I get Race's camera I will put a few more pictures up. But I really am going to post more regularly so I don't have to play catch up every time that I post. :]





2 comments:

  1. Emma, Darling!!

    Sarah is my inspiration. She gave me Nikki's blogspot address and then I hopped to yours, etc. Aren't you glad there are people in the world to inspire us to higher plateaus (ha!ha!)? Love ya, little woman. Love, MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't write here what I want to so I'll email you...

    ReplyDelete