Friday, April 8, 2011

I like to write. Chapter 2.

Some more thoughts from my notebook/journal. {I like to write out lyrics to songs that have got me thinking}

Photobucket

When He Comes Again by Mirla Greenwood Thayne
(Children's Songbook)

"I wonder, when he comes again, will herald angels sing?
Will earth be white with drifted snow, or will the world know spring?
I wonder if one star will shine Far brighter than the rest;
Will daylight stay the whole night through?  Will songbirds leave their nests?
I'm sure he'll call his little ones Together 'round his knee,
Because he said in days gone by, 'Suffer them to come to me.'

I wonder, when he comes again, will I be ready there,
To look upon his loving face And join with him in prayer?
Each day I'll try to do his will And let my light so shine
That others seeing me may seek For greater light divine.
Then, when that blessed day is here, He'll love me and he'll say,
'You've served me well, my little child; Come unto my arms to stay.'"

I remember singing this song as I grew up and each year wondering whether I would still be considered one of His "little ones" and whether I would be invited to gather around Him with the other children.  I do not know when one is or is not considered a little one anymore but I do know that someday I will get to meet him and thank him for all that he has done for me. And I know that someday I will have little ones who will be called to gather around him. And he will bless them and show his love to them. I am so grateful for the love that he shows me each and every day. I know that some days I recognize it more than others but I have a constant goal to recognize the hand of my Savior and my Heavenly Father in my everyday life.

I remember, as a child, being so excited to meet my Savior, my brother. Sometimes now I get scared. I need to prepare more, repent more, pray more, serve more, etc. In the end though, I know that I will be excited to meet my brother who atoned for my sins, suffered through all the pains that I have suffered {and so much more} and made it possible for me to repent, to change, to PROGRESS.

Afterthoughts:

I am so grateful for the gift of music in this life. It makes me excited again to meet my Savior, it teaches me to become like a little child, and it fills me with comfort and joy. So many Hymns and so many songs from the Children's Songbook have touched my heart over the years. I am grateful for the testimony builder that this song was for me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment