Thursday, April 7, 2011

{Kinda} Crafty Part Three Featuring: The Husband

So Race's family makes these really cool kinds of scrapbooks. You find an old book with a cool title, you cut out some of the pages {leave any cool titles or pictures or things you like in} and then you staple the rest of the pages together and scrapbook on top of them. How cool is that?! I am sure that some of you other people out there in the blogging world have heard of this before but I had not and was so excited to receive one made by Race for my birthday! He had kept it a secret the entire time and had been working on it diligently for months. He even let me get away with being mad at him for "playing too many video games" all the time while he was secretly slaving away on this project. He did have the help of his sisters Teal and Anetta and his mom helped him find the book so thank you to all of you as well because I think otherwise Race might have gone a little crazy trying to figure out the whole scrapbooking world on his own. Anyway, I wanted to share my special book with all of my blogging friends. I just have to show my husband off! :]

Cover {Race found a book called "Sweetie Baby Cookie Honey" which I think I will use to make him one of these books one of these days...or years}:

Photobucket

Inside the Cover:

Photobucket

Title Page:

Photobucket

Pages 1&2:

Photobucket

Pages 3&4:

Photobucket

Pages 5&6:

Photobucket

Pages 7&8:

Photobucket

Pages 9&10:

Photobucket

Pages 11&12:

Photobucket

Pages 13&14:

Photobucket

The End:

Photobucket

Well, there it is! My beautiful book made by Race W Ashby, my wonderful, thoughtful husband! I love it and I can't wait to try to make one of my own!

5 comments:

  1. What a cute idea and thoughtful gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. how beautiful! Love it! And especially the pictures of both of you in footies! You would! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Race is a great man! You're so lucky to have him and he's of course way lucky to have you!! So cute. You guys give me hope :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Margo! Race really is a great man! Being married to him is super fun. It's crazy how you guys have known each other for so long! And definitely keep having hope! Married life is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great idea to use for a book!


    come link it to my woot woot wednesday linky party!

    http://tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com/2011/07/woot-woot-wednesdays-2.html

    ReplyDelete