Monday, August 1, 2011

Me & My Husband {Second Edition}

Continuing from this post.

Question 2:

When you knew he was the one: Self explanatory...But how and when did you know? 


I THOUGHT that Race was the one pretty soon on in our relationship. I was PRETTY SURE he was the one when we went to Vegas. While we were there Race went to the temple sealing of one of his companions from his mission. I had not yet been through the temple so I sat in the waiting room of the Las Vegas Temple . While I was sitting there a cute little old lady was leaving the temple. I imagined her walking up to me and asking me who I was waiting for. In my head my answer immediately was "My husband." And then I backtracked and said "I mean my fiancee." And then I backtracked again and said "I mean my boyfriend!" This conversation did all happen in my head but it really let me know that Race was someone I truly loved and wanted to be with for forever. This was still of course pretty early on in our relationship so after a lot more praying I did come to KNOW that he was the one I was going to choose to be with for eternity.

I do believe that we choose who we are going to marry and decide to commit to them for eternity. There may be more than one person out there that we could be happy with but there is one person that we choose to be with. President Gordon B. Hinckley said, "Be worthy of the mate you CHOOSE. Respect him or her. Give encouragement to him or her. Love your companion with all your heart. This will be the most important decision of your life, the individual whom you marry." 

I chose to respect, encourage and love Race with all my heart and I KNOW that was the best decision I have made in my life. 



 



{Photos by Jessica Downey of Sierra Studios Photography }
  

1 comment: